Thursday, April 8, 2010

What's a Family to do When Mom Gets Sick?

My hubby has been really sick the last six days.  I had it too, but not as severely as he did.  Until today.  Thanks to him breathing on me all night for the last several days, I finally succumbed to this sickness to the same extent as he did.  And to make things worse, he is feeling a LOT better today.  Get rid of it by passing it on to me, thanks a lot!

But have you ever noticed that a home literally falls apart at the seams when Mom's sick?  No one knows where to find anything, all of a sudden everyone needs their laundry done, people panic when it comes time for meals.  It's total chaos.  I taught my kids how to fend for themselves, so what's up with the sulking and irritation that Mom got sick?  They should be taking care of me, right?  But instead they make me feel guilty cuz I got sick.  What's wrong with that picture?

In all fairness, they aren't as bad as they used to be, cuz I've gotten lazy in the past few years.  There are times everyone needs to fend for themselves just because I feel taken advantage of.  I sometimes wonder how they would survive if, God forbid, I keeled over unexpectedly.  But I know they would, and that's why I feel taken advantage of.

There are days when hubby says "What's for dinner?" and I just want to SCREAM "Why is it up to me to decide what's for dinner day in and day out, and why is it up to me to make dinner?"  Of course I know their answer...cuz I'm the MOM.  See, they forget I'm a DIVA too!

Ok, enough complaining on my part.  I'm just letting it all out because I feel so poorly, usually I have more restraint.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a healthier day!

17 comments:

Shell said...

Hope you feel better! I got sick yesterday and still feel awful. I'd like to take a sick day.

Wait...you mean I don't get one as a mom????

More than a Mom said...

I hope you get better soon. I love that you're a DIVA, too! :) I've learned that if I leave a to do list out with my husband's name on it, he'll see it and get it done - on his time. Then I'm also not nagging him to do stuff. Maybe I should put dinner on there, too?

Marissa O. said...

I love this post! It is so true! The world "just falls apart" when the mom is sick! That is why we aren't allowed to get sick! ;) Feel better!

Tina said...

Oh that is just so true! I hope you feel better soon so that your family does not suffer!

Kat said...

I hope you feel better soon! Now go cough or sneeze on somebody else and pass that along...b/c then you will get all better once the germs go to someone else lol

MelissaAggie98 said...

You've got a really great blog here!

Happy FF! I'm your newest follower! If you can, please follow me too at http://www.mommylivingthelifeofriley.com

Have a great day!

Shannon (Coupon Mommy Of 2 ... Now 3) said...

Hello I am Shannon from Coupon Mommy of 3, following you through Friday Follow.

Please come by and follow me also and check out my giveaways: http://couponmommyof2.blogspot.com/

family of 4 on the move! said...

LOL Wow I love this post!!! Soo true in so many ways and so unfair to all of us hard working women who feel we have been burdened with too much to do and too many family members doing nothing!! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Heavenly Savings said...

I hope you feel better soon :( You have a Cute Blog!!! I’m another new follower! Feel free to check out my blog as well! http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com
Happy Friday Follow! Hope to Blog with you again soon!

Midday Escapades said...

Sorry to hear that. Feel better soon.

On a happy note, thanks for linking up with Friday Follow. I'm your new follower.

Lynn

Sarah said...

Hi, I found your great blog through FF. Now following!
http://bloggerchixdesigns.blogspot.com I just released my free report on how to help your blog grow as well if your interested.

Hope you feel better!

~J said...

Hope you feel better!

I'm your newest follower stopping by via FF!

http://boobiesbabiesblog.blogspot.com

Ron Cooper said...

Hiya!

I’m your latest Friday Follower! I would appreciate a follow-back on Google Friends Connect and/or Networked Blogs.

http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

http://apps.facebook.com/blognetworks/blog/inspire_343432/


Ron

jenna said...

Following from FF! I'm your newest follower. You can come visit/follow me at www.momsbalancingact.com

Have a great day!
Jenna

Missy said...

Eck. It seems to be that way in my house when I'm sick too, except I still have little ones. I hope you feel better!

Stopping in from Friday Follow.

Jessica said...

Get better mama. Then go sit on your tush and let them eat cake.

I'm thinking I should have married a woman. I could use a wife too. Cooks, cleans, takes care of everything.

Hope you feel better :)

Life Is A SandCastle said...

We had it bad a couple weeks ago, Thank you grandma is all I can say. Only the baby made it through the best. That was a blessing.

Items I Can't Live Without

Smart Balance Omega Non-Stick Cooking Spray:
Every kitchen should have one!
ZERO fat, ZERO calories, NO trans fats, NO cholesterol, NO sodium and a ratio of 5:1 Omega 6 to Omega 3. This product has the right balance of fats to help improve cholesterol!



Pick-a-Size Paper Towels:

Trust me, a GREAT way to save money and be green.
Here is a great deal for Brawny Pick a Size Paper Towels...
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=217118&catid=135134&aid=335944&aparam=brawny_paper_towels_pic&CAID=96d7ae60-074c-4585-8281-418f9c2aba24


Sensodyne Iso-Active Multi Action Foaming Gel:
VERY expensive, but Oh, so worth it!

Leave me a note:

Health Tip of the Day

Be active. The safest and most effective way to lose weight is to reduce calories and increase physical activity.

Beauty Tip of the Day

Watch your posture. How you carry yourself affects how people perceive you more than you think! Perk up that chin, throw those shoulders back, and glide through the air as if you just signed a ten million dollar contract.

Spotlight Video of the Week

javascript:void(0)

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP