Saturday, April 10, 2010

New Addition?

My youngest really wanted a Siberian Husky when we got Ace, but the pound didn't have one available at the time (2 years ago this month.) So we got Ace, which is a decision I'll never regret.

Yesterday Justin called me (he is visiting friends in another town) and told me one of his friends here has a Siberian Husky/Malamute that they need to find a new home for. He asked me to take Ace over to see if they would get along. Now I'm all for having more animals, and I think Ace would really benefit by having a playmate when I go back to working full time. But my hubby is dead set against it.  But, we all know who rules the roost in this house (heh heh heh...and that's why my kids always ask me for things...I am such a pushover!)

But look at him...isn't he just GORGEOUS????




Although, one concern I had was they are both male, and I was worried about the whole "Alpha Male" thing going on.  But I took Ace to meet "Batman" anyway (SO against my hubby's wishes) and things went fairly well.  Batman is a LOT bigger than Ace, AND he's only 7 1/2 months old, so he will get HUGE.  As a puppy, he was all over Ace wanting to play.  Ace dealt with it fairly well, and gave the puppy "what for" when he extended Ace's boundries.  But Ace was totally worn out at the end of a 15 minute visit. 

The other issues I have are that our yard isn't very big...I don't think we have enough room for Batman to exercise correctly.  And he sheds...a LOT.  They said they just brushed him, and I had dog hair all over me, and I barely got next to the dog.  Also, I'm not sure how well he will get along with my cat, FleaBag.  She doesn't like dogs and can usually fend for herself, but if this dog doesn't like cats, she's history.

So I called Justin and told him I didn't think it would work out.  He was devastated.  But I promised Justin we would take Ace back there to see how things go, and I want Justin to see how the dogs interact (he is totally protective of Ace.) 

I will keep you updated on if indeed we have this new addition to our family...


WE HAVE DECIDED NOT TO ADD BATMAN TO OUR FAMILY...BOO HOO 

1 comment:

Debbie's L'Bri said...

Why would you go against your husbands wishes?

Items I Can't Live Without

Smart Balance Omega Non-Stick Cooking Spray:
Every kitchen should have one!
ZERO fat, ZERO calories, NO trans fats, NO cholesterol, NO sodium and a ratio of 5:1 Omega 6 to Omega 3. This product has the right balance of fats to help improve cholesterol!



Pick-a-Size Paper Towels:

Trust me, a GREAT way to save money and be green.
Here is a great deal for Brawny Pick a Size Paper Towels...
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=217118&catid=135134&aid=335944&aparam=brawny_paper_towels_pic&CAID=96d7ae60-074c-4585-8281-418f9c2aba24


Sensodyne Iso-Active Multi Action Foaming Gel:
VERY expensive, but Oh, so worth it!

Leave me a note:

Health Tip of the Day

Be active. The safest and most effective way to lose weight is to reduce calories and increase physical activity.

Beauty Tip of the Day

Watch your posture. How you carry yourself affects how people perceive you more than you think! Perk up that chin, throw those shoulders back, and glide through the air as if you just signed a ten million dollar contract.

Spotlight Video of the Week

javascript:void(0)

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP