Friday, April 2, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

I know that being a mom I feel a LOT of guilt...I punished them too harshly, I'm not being the best mom, I didn't give them enough quality time today, I snapped at them for no reason...the list is endless. But there are some instances that I feel guilty about, but I can't help but want to not feel guilty! Case in point...we are a family that makes fun of each other. My husband tried to be "cool" once and said to the kids "Give me the 911" when he should have said "Give me the 411" (information - get it?) Anyway, we all laughed so hard, and we have never let him hear the end of it. Once I asked the clerk at a hot dog stand "Do you put chili on your chili dogs?" when I meant to say "Do you put onions on your chili dogs?" but my kids heard what came out of my mouth and they laugh at me all the time about it. Okay, so we laugh, and I feel guilty about teasing my husband, or my kids when it's warranted, but it's still FUN!

My youngest went up to the snow one weekend with his friends and he showed me a video (see my "Ice Breaker" video below) and I laughed SO HARD! (And you will too!) And I felt guilty about it, but he was laughing too, and he knew I was laughing with him, not at him, so we were okay. But I still to this day feel bad about laughing every time I see it. But check out the video and I bet you laugh as well. Be warned though, there are some "bad words" said, but you really need to listen to a lot of it because one of the funniest parts is what he worries about the most right after the incident happens.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Dina said...

good morning getting through the follow friday list

Mrs. Sanchez said...

No reason to feel guilty about laughing WITH your kids. Laughing AT them is different, I think laughing AT themselves is a great skill for them to have.

:)

Found you via MBC and am following.

Follow back at http://jotgiveaways.blogspot.com

Debbie's L'Bri said...

I live with a husband who constantly jokes. It have brought some hard feeling with a couple of kids... I guess is what I am trying to say is everything is not a joke....

Missie said...

Hello! Fellow Friday Follower here. Nice to meet you. I'm now following your blog and hope you'll follow me.
www.what-comes-next.net

Items I Can't Live Without

Smart Balance Omega Non-Stick Cooking Spray:
Every kitchen should have one!
ZERO fat, ZERO calories, NO trans fats, NO cholesterol, NO sodium and a ratio of 5:1 Omega 6 to Omega 3. This product has the right balance of fats to help improve cholesterol!



Pick-a-Size Paper Towels:

Trust me, a GREAT way to save money and be green.
Here is a great deal for Brawny Pick a Size Paper Towels...
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=217118&catid=135134&aid=335944&aparam=brawny_paper_towels_pic&CAID=96d7ae60-074c-4585-8281-418f9c2aba24


Sensodyne Iso-Active Multi Action Foaming Gel:
VERY expensive, but Oh, so worth it!

Leave me a note:

Health Tip of the Day

Be active. The safest and most effective way to lose weight is to reduce calories and increase physical activity.

Beauty Tip of the Day

Watch your posture. How you carry yourself affects how people perceive you more than you think! Perk up that chin, throw those shoulders back, and glide through the air as if you just signed a ten million dollar contract.

Spotlight Video of the Week

javascript:void(0)

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP