Saturday, April 24, 2010

Down Time

I have ALWAYS needed "down time."  Time to relax and unwind.  Time to prepare myself for going to sleep.  When my kids were little it wasn't an issue.  They went to bed a lot earlier than I did.

But now that they are teenagers, I have found getting my "down time" has been a real challenge.  Especially on the weekends and school vacations. Because I don't enforce a bedtime on those nights.  They just aren't little kids anymore, and I have no reason to make a bedtime for them.  On school nights I DO enforce a bedtime, because they are responsible for getting up and making it to school on time.

Anyway, I finally found a way to get down time and prepare myself for bed an hour or so before I want to go to bed.  I change into my jammies and robe and brush my teeth and all the other bedtime things I used to do just before I went to bed.  I find if I do those rituals an hour before I go to bed, it relaxes me and since I've been doing them for so long, my brain automatically signals me to go to sleep.

What do you do for down time?

2 comments:

Debbie's L'Bri said...

That is a good idea. I have older kids too and on the weekends. They go to bed later and so I have to stay up later for my time. I will have to try your suggestion.

http://debbiellbriskincare.blogspot.com/
MBC

Ally said...

I love downtime. I don't have children though so I don't have to work hard to find quiet time. I only take care of my hubby and our kitty. I love that time though of being tucked into bed, watching TV for a bit, clearing my head then drifting off.

I'm your newest follower.

FourthGradeNothing.com

Items I Can't Live Without

Smart Balance Omega Non-Stick Cooking Spray:
Every kitchen should have one!
ZERO fat, ZERO calories, NO trans fats, NO cholesterol, NO sodium and a ratio of 5:1 Omega 6 to Omega 3. This product has the right balance of fats to help improve cholesterol!



Pick-a-Size Paper Towels:

Trust me, a GREAT way to save money and be green.
Here is a great deal for Brawny Pick a Size Paper Towels...
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=217118&catid=135134&aid=335944&aparam=brawny_paper_towels_pic&CAID=96d7ae60-074c-4585-8281-418f9c2aba24


Sensodyne Iso-Active Multi Action Foaming Gel:
VERY expensive, but Oh, so worth it!

Leave me a note:

Health Tip of the Day

Be active. The safest and most effective way to lose weight is to reduce calories and increase physical activity.

Beauty Tip of the Day

Watch your posture. How you carry yourself affects how people perceive you more than you think! Perk up that chin, throw those shoulders back, and glide through the air as if you just signed a ten million dollar contract.

Spotlight Video of the Week

javascript:void(0)

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP