Sunday, April 11, 2010

Blogger's Block

Do you ever get "Bloggers Block" (similar to Writers Block)?  I have the exact opposite problem.  I think of so many things I want to say in my blog, but it's usually late at night and I don't have the energy to write it all down.  Granted I am pretty new to this, so of course I think I have a lot to say.  Maybe the day will come where I do get Bloggers Block and will not be able to post every day.  But until then, this is a serious problem for me, because usually the next day I forget most of my ideas.

So at first I thought I could write my idea topic (one word) down, and refer back to it later and then I would have something to jump-start my creative juices.  Didn't work.  I looked at that list and I wondered what I was thinking?  My list consisted of various entries, such as friends, dreams, TV, school, clothes (oh, that one I remember!)  Most of these I have no idea what I wanted to say!

So I have devised a new plan of action.  If you have lots to say, then this might help you as well!  I start writing my post, just the main idea, and then copy it to notepad and save the file in a folder named "Unpublished Blog Posts."  Then if one day I can't think of what to write, I have my ideas already written.  It doesn't take much for me to finish a post once I read the main idea.  Topics don't help, but I have found this solution very helpful and I can even use them in the future when I am burdened by Bloggers Block.

3 comments:

Missie said...

I use Liver Writer when writing blog entries. I can start to write and then save it as a draft to go back to it later. Live Writer also publishes your post directly to your blog for you.

Debbie's L'Bri said...

That is a great idea. I usually write my blogs while I am waiting for my kids so I write them on paper. Then I have to type them into the computer.

http://debbiellbriskincare.blogspot.com/
MBC

jewelknits said...

I've only been blogging earnestly for a little over a month now (although my blog has passed it's first birthday)! I use Blogger, so I do pretty much the same as you...if I think a random thought or have an idea that I'd like to write about, I start a post and save it to draft. For instance, I know I have two books coming for review, so I've put the posts together (title, cover pic, tags, links and such). That way, when each book is completed, all I have to fill in is the actual review and hit "Publish" :)

I'm following from MBC!!

Items I Can't Live Without

Smart Balance Omega Non-Stick Cooking Spray:
Every kitchen should have one!
ZERO fat, ZERO calories, NO trans fats, NO cholesterol, NO sodium and a ratio of 5:1 Omega 6 to Omega 3. This product has the right balance of fats to help improve cholesterol!



Pick-a-Size Paper Towels:

Trust me, a GREAT way to save money and be green.
Here is a great deal for Brawny Pick a Size Paper Towels...
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=217118&catid=135134&aid=335944&aparam=brawny_paper_towels_pic&CAID=96d7ae60-074c-4585-8281-418f9c2aba24


Sensodyne Iso-Active Multi Action Foaming Gel:
VERY expensive, but Oh, so worth it!

Leave me a note:

Health Tip of the Day

Be active. The safest and most effective way to lose weight is to reduce calories and increase physical activity.

Beauty Tip of the Day

Watch your posture. How you carry yourself affects how people perceive you more than you think! Perk up that chin, throw those shoulders back, and glide through the air as if you just signed a ten million dollar contract.

Spotlight Video of the Week

javascript:void(0)

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP